Having rheumatoid arthritis. Chest X-ray showing nodule in right lung and scarring and streaky density. Partial atelectasis shown in CT scan. What does the finding mean?

I have RA and I just had my annual chest xray. There was a nodule in the right lung and scarring and streaky density within the right lung. I also had a ct scan. Also showing was a partial atelectasis of the right lung. What does this mean for my general health and well-being? Does having RA predispose you to this problem? YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Alekhya 1 hour later

Thank you for the query.

I want to enlighten you few things about rheumatoid arthritis before I answer your query,sir lung nodules are one of the clinical manifestations in RA,with this ct scan and chest x XXXXXXX finding I can tell you that there is chance that these findings are due to RA,and when it comes to your general health and well being it wont affect much.

I would like to suggest you to get a pulmonary function tests done at this stage and further in follow up.
Hope, I have answered your query.