Having regular period. Reason for flatulence, lower abdominal pain, headache and sleep problem?

confusedhi im a 32 year old female and i always have a regular period lasting 4-5 days but this month it lasted just over 24hours??? i also didn't get the usual pre menstrual symptoms like tender breasts or abdominal pain. since though i have had lower abdominal pain and more flatulance than what is normal for myself, i have also been having very restless nights sleep so by about 4 in the afternoon i am very fatigued coupled with a dull aching headache in my forehead..please shed some light? :)
Posted Tue, 19 Mar 2013 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 35 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

I have noted all your complaints.

Though there are so many causes of headache, I feel that you may have tension headache. Your sleep problem can also be related to stress. Based upon the symptoms that you have posted, I do not see any major organic nature of the problem. The headache and sleep related problem will improve with rest, relaxation and if required simple analgesics.

Back to your menstrual irregularity, I feel that some cycles can come the way you have described. This should not make you worried. If you have persistent menstrual irregularities, you may consult a specialist locally.

As of now, I think that you should just relax and you do not need any urgent medical evaluation.

I hope that I have clarified your query.
In case any further doubts, please feel free and get back to me.

All the best