Having regular back pain. Suggest treatment

Excellent

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I am having regullar back pain. need ur advice on the same
Posted Sat, 30 Nov 2013 in Back Pain

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 43 minutes later
Brief Answer: May be postural you may need investigation Detailed Answer: Hello, I have studied your case. Most probable reason for your symptoms could be postural problem as you may be sitting for long time and working on computer for long time. When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x ray spine or if required MRI to see for any nerve compression. Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor. Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- Spine extension exercises, Lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg. Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case. Some life style modifications to prevent pain– Take break every 40 min from computer and do some lumbar rotation, stretches, walk and get back to work. Sit with taking support to your back, and do not watch television constantly. I will advise to check your vit B12 and vit D3 level. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care.

Follow-up: Having regular back pain. Suggest treatment 43 minutes later
then information Was fully relevent. about the excercises whixh u told can u send more info.

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 9 hours later
Brief Answer: Details of exercises Detailed Answer: Hello Spine extension exercises [ Stand straight with both hands on hip bone now bend backwards from lower back, do as much as you can ,do not overstretch], Lying on your stomach flat with both hands by side of body,chin touching ground lift leg 6 inches from ground take around 10 breaths in this position , do it for other leg. Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care.

Follow-up: Having regular back pain. Suggest treatment 14 hours later
if the sleepung posture is not correct then also Do we get back pain

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 17 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes you can get back pain due to it Detailed Answer: Hello Yes you can get back pain due to sleeping in bad posture. Lying flat on back is better or if not possible then lateral position. Bed should not be too soft or of foam,take pillow of appropriate size. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Take care.