Having redness on penis head glans and foreskin. No itching or burning. Becomes red after shower and sex. What to do?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
redness on penis head glans area and some on foreskin been there for 9 months been to a dermatologist didn't do anything but look at it and said it wasn't nothing to serious it has a shiny look to it too doesn't itch or burn no pain just red gets more red after I take a shower or intercourse
Posted Mon, 29 Jul 2013 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 12 days later
Hello
Thanks for your query.Based on the photograph and facts that you have posted it appears that you have allergic reaction to glans penis either due to soap that you may be using for bathing or to vaginal secretions of your wife.

Please get her examined by qualified Gynaecologist and treatment if required.

Since you do not have any urinary symptoms and itching or burning you need not worry at all.

You can apply topical steroid jelly for couple of days.

Please avoid using soap or any chemical to clean your genitals Wash your genitals with plain warm water.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you
Dr.Patil.