Ask a Urologist   »  

Having redness in penis. Cause and treatment?

penis redness
Posted Wed, 2 Oct 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Causes for such a presentation; need doctor

Detailed Answer:
Hello sir and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I understand your concern and shall list out all the possible causes for such a presentation sir. Before that I would like to ask you a few questions, if you do not mind. Are you sexually active and who was your last partner? When was you last sexual encounter? On a scale of 1 to 10, how would you rate your genital hygiene? Do you have any difficulty in passing urine? Do you have a penile discharge, if yes what color is the discharge?

The possible conditions are:
-Balanitis: Inflammation of the penis due to various causes like an uncircumcised penis or poor hygiene
-Dermatitis: Skin-related condition
-Fungal infections
-Sexually transmitted infections (eg. herpes, etc.)

Please understand sir, that you will require a physical examination by a doctor, which will help in making a sure and accurate diagnosis. Only once a diagnosis is made can we accurately treat your condition. For this reason I request you to kindly schedule an appointment with your doctor.

I hope this information helps. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.