Having redness in eye. Tested negative for herpes, STD and HIV. What's wrong?

Question
I went to the ER in they prescribed me something for the pink eye! Moxeza, clear eyes, For some reason its been two months in my left eye is still red. Plus I went to a eye doctor they had me do a herpes test, STD, HIV in everything came back negatives. Now I'm wondering what is wrong with that one eye. I do remember that a hanger did hit my eye, I don't know if that could cause the problem!
Posted Mon, 15 Oct 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Hi
Thanks for the query

Red eye is the common presentation in the patients among eye diseases. there are several causes for red eyes like conjunctivitis, belphritis and certain corneal causes as well. But as you are having a history of trauma to the eye then most probable cause can be the subconjuctival hemorrhage which can be best analyzed by fundoscopic examination. Also have your visual acuity examined to assess whether it had affected you vision or not

If you still have some queries, feel free to ask. it will be my pleasure to help you

Thanks

Follow-up: Having redness in eye. Tested negative for herpes, STD and HIV. What's wrong? 4 minutes later
What doctor do I go in see because I don't want to spend so much money! I went twice to the ER, swear its a pink eye. But I forgot to tell them a hanger did go into my eyes.

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 3 minutes later
Hi
Thanks for the reply

Visit an ophthalmologist and tell the traumatic history as its most likely to be the sub conjunctival hemorrhage and ask him to conduct detailed fundoscopic examination. Also ask him for the assessment of your vision.

Thanks

Follow-up: Having redness in eye. Tested negative for herpes, STD and HIV. What's wrong? 1 minute later
Thank You so much!

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 minutes later
you are always welcome :)

get well soon