Having redness around the shaft of penis. Steroid cream shows no improvement. What to do?

Hi I have A red XXXXXXX around the shaft of my Penis and it won't go away. Do you know what this could be? I have tried steroid cream and A couple of other things but nothing seems to work. I look almost like A tear.
Posted Fri, 6 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Non intact skin of the penis.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

If the red XXXXXXX is due to tear in the skin of the penis(non intact skin) then the used of steroid creams are contraindicated because they may delay the process of healing.

If the red XXXXXXX is due a simple tear then antibiotic creams may be applied which may prevent secondary bacterial infection.

If the XXXXXXX looks angry and with signs of infection then consult your doctor. He may examine and do some relevant laboratory test and prescribe drugs accordingly.

It will be helpful if you can give some more details of the red XXXXXXX like when and how it started. What is the duration. It may help me to give some differential diagnosis. Also, if you can upload a photo of the lesion, I will be better able to help.

Hope the answer helps you.