Having red spots on groin area. Bloods comes after popping. Mother died of lung cancer. Concerned

I am 17 and have a small red spot size lump on my mons pubs. only blood comes out when I place a needle into it but very little. never had sex anything ;like that
my mother died of lung cancer
I am scared of what this lump might be I have had it for two years maybe more
Posted Mon, 30 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The small spot size red bump on the mons pubis might be due to a small red colored mole in the area. If there is no pain or there is no change in the size then there is nothing to worry. It is not related to any serious systemic pathology and does not need any treatment.
You only need to self monitor the lesion for any change in shape, size, color, irregular margins, ulceration, pain, etc. If any of these changes do appear it means it needs to be investigated and then removed under the guidance of your dermatologist.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.