Having red round spots on upper thigh, stomach and back. Could it be psoriasis or a fungal infection?

I have red round red, kinda scaly spots on my upper thigh, now im getting them here and there on my stomach and back area..... they are mostly under my clothes... they started showing up after I had strep throat for the first time about a month ago. I talked to a pharmacist and she said it could be psoriasis or a fungal infection. She had me buy some stuff for jock itch....I thought it was clearing up, but now it looks like I am getting more of them. I need help! They are ugly and bright red, but mostly under my clothing. I havent changed my detergent so I dont think it has anything to do with that. The spots are not itchy, just embarrassing looking.
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Psoriasis
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

I would like to have a look on the lesions , Kindly do attach an image of the lesion here if possible.

Since when did you notice the lesions ?
Have you applied any medication ?

Waiting for your reply.
Follow-up: Having red round spots on upper thigh, stomach and back. Could it be psoriasis or a fungal infection? 1 hour later
Im not sure how to attach an image. I first noticed the spots about a month ago, at first there were only a few, then more came as the days went on. I have applied lotion to them, and a jock itch cream the the pharmacist told me to use, and a hydrocortizone lotion. At first they were lightening up a bit with the jock itch cream, but they seem to get worse when its hot out side, and I have to wear longer shorts.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 10 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Based on your description I suspect the lesions to be due to fungal infection.Do stop Hydrocortisone ointment, it can worsen the lesions.

Kindly do send me the image to this email Id

YYYY@YYYY (to my Attention : Dr Raju )

Anticipating your response.
I shall have a look and be more specific and advice you better.