Having red rash on penis after intercourse. What is this and the treatment to be done?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi i have red rash on my penis with a clear outline which gets inflamed after sex, I am just concerned what it may be and what the course for treatment would be.
Posted Thu, 2 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 hours later
Hello
I would be pleased to answer your question

Thanks for the photo .

from the photos it looks like one of the Candidal infection( Fungal Infection). The other possibility include Zoon's balanitis ( Plasma Cell balanitis)
It has been proposed that friction, trauma, heat, poor hygiene, chronic infection can result in the above .
You should try applying an antifungal and tacrolimus which you can get by prescription from your Doctor .
Please do visit the doctor to rule out the above conditions and discuss the same
Thanks and take care .

Follow-up: Having red rash on penis after intercourse. What is this and the treatment to be done? 1 hour later
Thanks, is it possible to get the anti fungal or tacrolimus cream online somehow?

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up message .
I am sorry you cannot get the creams online . It is not legal to get the creams online . You can get a prescription from your family doctor for the same .

Thanks and Take care