Having red patch of loose skin on outer labia, feeling uncomfortable. Is it allergic reaction to birth control?

I have a patch of loose skin on the left side of my outer labia. its red and very uncomfortable. there are no sores. its just that the skin right on the red spot is try loose and impressionable whereas the rest of my vagina has regular tight skin. I have had recurrent yeast infections and have taken many prescribed medicines. I went to the gyno a few days ago, and he told me there was no yeast, and he didn't see anything wrong with the skin around my vagina. Its not a pain but more of an irritation its extremely uncomfortable and very distracting. I just want to feel normal again and not be constantly worrying. I have had this irritation for about 3 months now and have been to 2 different doctors about it. Any help would be very much appreciated. (is it possible for this to be an allergic reaction to my birth control?)
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to us

Vaginal irritation and red spots can be due to bacterial vaginosis or trichomonas vaginitis.

You can put vaginal pessaries inside vagina containing tinidazole and clindamycin under doctor's guidance and prescription.

Use vaginal wash containing lactobacilli or you can use youghurt to maintain the pH of vagina.

Apply neomycin ointment locally.

Take anti allergic tablets like levocetrizine under doctor's prescription.

For loose skin you can do perineal exercises.

Best wishes