Having red, itchy and stinging rash on neck. What cure should be done?

red itchy and stinging rash on my neck had it about 10 days
Posted Wed, 8 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Neelam Ashish Vanjari 35 minutes later

Thanks for writing in.

Red itchy, stinging rash is most likely from fungal infection either candida or tinea infection.

Candida infection will give rise to whitish plaque lesion with itching.
Tinea infections are reddish, itchy and circular.

From your description of lesion, it looks like tinea infection. You can consult dermatologist to confirm it and get prescribed antifungals like ketoconazole or terbenafin creams.

Another likely cause is contact dermatitis. If continuous contact with cloths /necklace is irritating skin, it can cause similar lesion. Steroid cream, calamine lotion will work for it.

I would suggest you to consult dermatologist and confirm between two conditions to get treated.
I hope I have answered your query. In case of any doubt, I shall be happy to help you.
Best regards,
Dr. Neelam.