Having red flaky patches on the body, mild itching. Cure?

skin condition :

about a week ago (last wed.) I started to see 4 red patches on my abdomen. smaller red points followed around that aread and during the last weekend my back torso and arms became covered with small red dots, like little bumps. Almost all of them are small with some occasional bigger patches. I took a snapshot if that can help. I look forward to your reply

* it never really itched, only now it started a little but it's very mild. Almost nothing.
* the starting patches can still be seen as the biggest ones in the pic.
* the big ones started to flake a little and it seems there is some sort liquid inside. but very little.
* never had it before. the closest thing was when i get sunburned but then it is itchy and more in pacthes and not in tiny dots, like now.
* it seems to attack only the part of the body with no hair (i'm male). Except for the face, (where for now i've almost nothing). For instance the legs are only now being affect a little on the upper region.
Posted Thu, 3 May 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 11 hours later

Thank you for posting the query,

You have provided with good information regarding your skin problem and it is a very good description. I appreciate it.

With the information you have provided there seems to be couple of possibilities.
The first thing which comes in my mind according to the description is PITYRIASIS ROSEA(PR).This is a condition where in we get to see a big(mother patch) lesion with fine scales over neck or abdomen,then following this one gets multiple small red lesions mainly over back with fine scaling.This is at times associated with sore throat or viral fever .

The second possibility seems to be GUTTATE PSORIASIS .The chances of this being is less .This also manifests as red rashes with scaling ,but is usually chronic .

I am sorry ,but I have not received any picture of the lesion.If you can send me a close up picture and a snap of the whole back and front , I would be able to suggest you better.You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

A course of oral antibiotic like azithromycin or roxithromycin can benefit you,along with application of topical steroid cream. Discuss with your doctor who can prescribe you this antibiotic.

Hope I have answered your query. Should you have additional concern regarding the same ,I would be happy to address it.

It would more helpful if I can see the picture.

Awaiting for your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda