Having red eyes. Cure?

Feb 2013

Hi My son- 8yr old, suddenly has red eyes from evening. he doesnt have any itching feeling nor any trouble in eyes, but just that they are red, pls suggest
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 19 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Your child seems having conjunctivitis mostly due to a virus or bacteria.

Usually in the initial stage of conjunctivitis, the eyes become red due to the congestion resulted from the inflammation of the conjunctiva.

Followed by this there may be watering, purulent discharge, and sticking of eye lashes after waking from sleep.

Antibiotic eye drops are required to treat this infection.

Therefore I advise you to consult his doctor for the examination of the eyes and prescription of medication.

And as this eye infection is contagious, take precautions to prevent the spread of infection to the other family members and peers.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.