Having red bumps on lower body. Diagnosed with impetigo. Having soreness and itchiness. Help?

My 17 month old daughter developed red bumps on mainly her lower extremities about a month ago, and she was diagnosed with impetigo, but all of the treatments were not working, the bumps were spreading and she was becoming uncomfortable because of itching, and soreness. The bumps begin as pimples and then come to a head and some may open and ooze a clear fluid. I took her to the ER about 3 weeks ago and she was diagnosed with HSP (Henoch Schnolein Papura) they told me that there was nothing they could do. The bumps did start to resolve, but now they are back and all over the bottoms of her feet, legs and arms. She has been more tired than usual, and not eating quite as much. I am wondering if their diagnosis was correct, or if they just didnt know. Please help !!
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 41 minutes later

Thanks for sharing your query.

I understand your concern and hope I am able to help you for the same.

The kind of lesions that you have described point towards a diagnosis of henoch scholein purpura and especially considering the age of your child,this can be a possibility.

But first I would like to have a look at the skin lesions. It would be great if you can take some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page or you can email the pictures to YYYY@YYYY with reference to Dr Geetika

Certain other points that I want you to elaborate are whether the skin lesions are itchy or associated with pain?
Next is there any associated fever, any joint pains or abdominal pain?
Also was there any episode of respiratory infection in the form of cough cold or diarrhea prior to onset of lesions?

I would be able to help you better if you can elaborate the above points and send some pictures of the skin lesions.

Waiting for your response,

Dr Geetika Paul