Having red boils, swelling and itching on penis head after unprotected sex. Chances of STD?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
Hi Doctor,
I suddenly started having red boils, swelling and itching on the head of my penis after I had unprotected intercourse with my wife. She has stooped getting periods since about 4 years. I know that she cheats on me and has sex with one of her ex boy friend. Is this the reason that she got infected from her ex. I never had any sexual relations with anyone other then my wife. I presume that this is the only reason. Please clarify this reasoning of mine.
XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 1 hour later
Hello XXXXXXX,
Firstly, if you are aware that your wife has another sexual partner you should ensure that intercourse with her is always protected, unless you are sure about her status as far as sexually transmitted diseases are concerned.

Secondly, what you described does sound like an infection that has been sexually transmitted.
The reasoning applied by you is correct.
The next step is to go for couple counselling and have complete testing for sexually transmitted diseases for both you and your wife.

You also need to be evaluated by a Specialist to pinpoint the exact infection, and to have appropriate treatment.

Take care, and feel free to discuss further.