Having recurring sore throats. Blood test came with absolute WBC and high neutrophils

ENT Specialist
I have been having recurring sore throats and now for pass 2 1/2 wks have sore throat, feel like something stuck and having to push out flem, my blood test cam high absolute WBC and High Neutrophils. I am worried because about ten years back I was with a girlfriend for a year that I think may have had HPV.
Posted Wed, 6 Nov 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Chronic Pharyngitis due to diabetes

Detailed Answer:
Hi sir,
I have gone through your query.

It suggests that you maybe suffering from chronic pharyngitis.Cause of the recurrent disease is diabetes because in this condition mucosa of the throat more prone for any infection.
For to reach the near diagnosis and to exclude the other disease, you may go for throat swab for smear, culture and antibiotic sensitivity.
I personally recommend to you that you may take tincture benzoin or menthol steam inhalation for quite soothing and strict control on diabetes.
In resistant cases, electrocautery or chemical cautery may give symptomatic relief for a long time in this condition.

If you have any doubt , I will be available for your query.