Having recurrent herpes simplex, small hard nodule near anal opening. Could this be related to the herpes?

Excellent

Question
Hello Doctor. I have had recurrent herpes simplex and occasionally get a small hard nodule under the skin, near my anal opening. Could this be related to the herpes? It usually goes away within a week or so, but I have had one now for 2 weeks.
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The small hard nodule under the skin, near your anal opening is not due to herpes.

Does it occur at same location again & again?

For diagnosis of nodule, examination and palpation is required. On the basis of examination your doctor can advise you some tests also.

Please consult a general Surgeon before your nodule goes away.

Thank you for posting your query. Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Follow-up: Having recurrent herpes simplex, small hard nodule near anal opening. Could this be related to the herpes? 23 minutes later
What could be the cause of such a nodule?

Welcome again,

The most common cause is perianal abscess.

It can be a dermoid, epidermoid, anal duct/gland cyst also.

Diagnosis becomes easier after examination.

Please consult a general Surgeon.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,