Having recurrent bartholin cysts. Need medication. Is intercourse possible after the cyst is drained?

I have a recurrent bartholin cyst. I got it lanced last september in my honeymoon which was not fun and now is coming back again right before I see my husband. I need help! How I can rid of it and still have sex with my husband? I am leaving in 14 days to see him. Any antibiotics or homeopathic medicine that I use? I need help!... I've been having bartholin cysts in my left labia inner side of the vagina since 2004, but it didn't come back until last year september and now. I am frustaded about this because me and my husband are in the military stationed far away from each other and now that we ask for vacations, this cyst pops again! I need help! I will be flying out to see him in 14 days, so I need to know what can I do to get it out of there ASAP!.
Can I have sex with my husband if the cyst gets drained?
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later

Bartholin's cysts are recurrent in nature. I am sorry that you have to face with it again. Let me suggest few measures that can be tried in the next 14 days before you see your husband.

If the cyst is non infected and small in size then usually no treatment is needed. It should subside on its own. Anti inflammatory drugs such as advil twice a day for 3-5 days and warm sitz bath can fasten the recovery.
If the cyst becomes painful or gets larger causing discomfort then the best treatment is surgical removal under local anaesthesia. It is a minor procedure and the stitches will heal in 14 days. A competent gynecologist would be able to do the procedure safely and effectively.

Though you could get them drained through your primary healthcare provider, there are possibilities that it can re accumulate and become infected; in which case it might cause more problems. Further medicines like antibiotics or homeopathic medicines can provide relief temporarily but cannot reduce the size of the cyst. So I would encourage you to consult your gynecologist for proper management.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.

Dr. Rakhi Tayal.