Having recurrance of throat Infection with pus on sides of tonsils. Blood test done. Any suggestion?

This is Prasant. Just a bit worried about the recurrance of Throat Infection with pus on sides of Tonsils every 1-2 times in a month. I have sufferred from this for about 10-12 times since last August. I take Antibiotic (Levofloxacin) Vit C tabs and gargle Salt water. I had muy CBC done last XXXXXXX wcich showed Higher RBC 5.76 & WBC 14.8 counts, HEMATOCRIT 51.6 and LYMPHOCYTES as low as 15.
Kindly suggest, if i need to get anothe check up done.

Thanks & Regards,
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani 14 minutes later

Thanks for writing in,

It seems that you might be having Follicular tonsillitis. Follicular tonsilitis is prone for recurrence. Here if there are favorable factors for infection like taking fried or junk food, cold, etc., they may flare up the infection producing the symptoms.

I would suggest you to go for throat swab examination and find out the bacteria causing this infection. After the report go for proper antibiotic medicine course. Your ENT surgeon can help with the tests and treatments.

Avoid more fried, junk food and cold drinks.
Do Listerine gargles often.
If the recurrence is very frequent, then you may consider Tonsillectomy. Discuss about it when you go to visit the ENT surgeon.

Hope, I answered your query. If you have further query or clarification, please ask.
I will be happy to help.

Wish you good health.