Having reappearing boil like lump on groin area. Puss leaks from it. What is this?

Hi there, I am worried about a boil like lump on my groin area that hasn't ever gone away for the past few months, it keeps re-appearing, its purple//very dark purple in colour, it can go very flat and it isn't sore, then it swells up and it feels like a lump under the skin underneath it, thats when it leaks puss, then it scabs over and flattens again.
It keeps coming and going, and was irritated by me having the area waxed.
I was told Hidradenitis can flare up with thyroid problems, and I am terrified that is what it is.
Posted Thu, 9 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kruti 10 hours later
It would be very helpful for me to opine regarding your condition if I can see a picture. Please could you post a picture here using the 'Upload your reports' feature?
Awaiting your reply