Having rashes on the side of shaft of penis. Used clobetasol propionate. Suggest

Dermatologist
Question
What is this rash-like thing on the side of my shaft? Ive had it for about 2 weeks now. It showed up about two weeks after I had protected anal sex with another guy. I put some "clobetasol propionate" on it and it seemed to go away (skin is still droopy but redness and pumps are gone) but then it just moved up to under the heax of my penis. Please help!
Posted Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 50 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please answer few queries, so that I can help you. Detailed Answer: Hi, You seem to have erythematous patch with healing vesicular eruptions on the prepuce of penis...after seeing the photographs. I understand that you had had protected anal sexual intercourse with another male, I would address that once you write back to me with the answers to these following questions. Do you have burning sensation on the lesion? Do you have itching ? Do you take any medicine? Did you have such lesion in past? For proper advice, please answer above queries. Awaiting your response. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: Having rashes on the side of shaft of penis. Used clobetasol propionate. Suggest 33 minutes later
1. The lesion does not burn but it can get very itchy. 2. I do not take any medication. 3. I had a patch on my inner thigh in the past few months. I also had an extremely itchy patch on my left testicle. I got tested when I had both of these for herpes, hiv, and all other stds and they all came back negative.I have not gotten tested for this patch.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 15 hours later
Brief Answer: You seem to have candidal balanoposthitis. Detailed Answer: Hi, It seems that you are having candidal balanoposthitis. Keep the area clean. Take Sitz bath using XXXXXXX warm water mixed with few drops of dettol. I would start anti fungal like itraconazole or ketoconazole for two weeks. Antihistaminic like levocetirizine may be used until itch is relieved. You can also apply antifungal cream like clotrimazole twice a day. Avoid soap bath. Improve hygiene and immunity for the prevention of the disease. I hope you got my answer. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD

Follow-up: Having rashes on the side of shaft of penis. Used clobetasol propionate. Suggest 2 hours later
Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks. Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome for any query in future. Thanks for your satisfaction with my answer. Wishing you good health. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD