Having rashes on buttocks. What should be done to get cured?

Hi, my daughter has a rash on her buttocks, she is 25 she also has bruises. She is at the moment in Thailand on holiday although it began here in the uk
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 59 minutes later
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question
I did see the photos . The rash looks like an irritant contact dermatitis . She will need to put some over the counter steroid creams on that area .
It should be applied once in the morning and once at night .
The bruising is due to a blunt trauma on the dermal area . You will need to ask her if she has bruising on the other areas to rule out other causes of bruising apart from the trauma .

Thanks and Take care
Follow-up: Having rashes on buttocks. What should be done to get cured? 12 minutes later
Thank you, according to my daughter she has not had any blunt trauma in that area and has no other bruising, what do you suggest please?
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 19 hours later
Thanks for the reply .

I would suggest application of ice over the area.
She should also get a blood investigation done which includes complete blood count , bleeding time clotting time test.