Having rash on scrotum. What to do?

Hi I have had a rash on scrotum for 60 days now
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 15 minutes later

Welcome to healthcare magic

Is the rash itchy or painful ?
Where exactly is it located ?
Can you describe how it started and how it progressed ?
Is it red or skin coloured or dark ?
Is there any scaling ?
Have you applied any creams which made it better or worse ?

You have an option to upload photo of the rash on the right side of your query page. kindly utilise that so that I can answer your query better.

Waiting for the details especially the photo.
Follow-up: Having rash on scrotum. What to do? 1 hour later
Well I shaved my genitals a week before the bumps came on scrotum I work in Africa very hit and sweaty these bumps transferred to my penis u could see we're penis lies against scrotum no fluid in them and they have not changed in appearance now for 60 days although they sometimes go but cine back after scratching I did have unprotected oral sex five weeks prior I have type one herpes on mouth sometimes and no how the sores develop and what they look like and these don't look anything like I fear ie herpes
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 11 hours later
Hello XXXXX,
I did not get any photo and according to your second query it seems like you have sent me one. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'.

There are two possibilities that I can think of. One is pseudofolliculitis due to shaving. This is usually itchy and by now ( 60 days) it should have become better unless if you have shaved again.
The other possibility is Fordyce's spots. These are ectopic oil glands usually located over scrotum and penis. They are harmless, would not cause any symptoms. Won't go away either, but can increase in size from time to time.

Hope this helped.
Waiting to see a photo for confirming the diagnosis.
Hi thanks woke up this morning and the bumps on scrotum have all but disappeared just one of many left which is now flat and not raised as I said I thought it could of been herpes but 60 days with no change didn't seem to fit the wat herpes developed and healed
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 44 minutes later
Hello XXXXX,
It is not herpes as herpes would not last for 60 days as you mentioned and it is painful, initially starts as fluid filled lesion which breaks to form erosions and ulcers, then scabs and heals in a matter of one week.
It could be fordyce's spots and they become prominent once in a while. It is normal and harmless.
I will recommend you to trim and not shave pubic hair.
Hope this helped