Having rash on inner leg, with tiny black spot in middle and spreading. Tried creams and oils. What is this?

My son came home from daycare and has a rash that started on his inner lower left leg. First, I thought he may have gotten into poison ivy/oak. The rash is actually little bumps and I see a tiny black dot in the middle of some. They are spreading up the leg to his inner thigh. I have tried creams and oils. They are not working. I also, notice them starting to appear on his chin. What is this?
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 53 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare magic
I saw the picture that you uploaded, but unfortunately the clarity of the picture is not enough to see any sort of rash. If possible kindly upload a close up of the rash with better clarity.
I need some details as well.
How many days back the rash started ?
Is it itchy or painful ?
Is it red colored or skin colored ?
What were the creams which you tried ?
Any idea whether day care has mosquitoes or other insects which can bite ?

Waiting to hear from you.