Having random pulse all over body. Any idea what it could be?

Since about a year or two ago I have been having random pulse all over my body (legs, chest, arms, etc). Pulses that I can feel and see. It raises about 3/4 of an inch. It stops shortly after except today. The one in my left thigh has been going on for over a couple of hours now. Any idea what it could be?
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a medical specialist with an additional degree in cardiology
I read your mail with diligence.
What you are seeing are known as fasciculations or twitches in the muscle. Those are not related to pulses because anything related to heart rate will be of the same frequency and shall not abate or be random. Moreover it will not be raised 3/4 th of inch above skin. Arteries which give rise to pulse are slightly XXXXXXX beneath the skin and can not rise that much.
Muscular twitches, also known as fasciculations, are typically harmless, common and short-lived. Time is typically the solution to minor muscle twitches--most resolve themselves within a couple of days. Rarely, muscular twitches are symptomatic of a medical disorder and require medical attention and intervention.
I mjust say that you are very keen observer.
If there is any other query I will be only too happy to answer. Regards.
With Best Wishes

Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW