Having raised ridge on the top of skull. Having two depressions in skull running either side of the raised ridge. Is this normal?

Hi, I have a raised ridge on the top of my skull in the centre running front to back. I have 2 depressions in my skull running either side if the raised ridge. The depressions are tender to the touch. I have noticed this for approximately 2 months, the depressions seem to be getting more pronounced and more tender. What is this? Is it normal? Should I be worried?
Posted Sat, 24 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 32 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think if you have been experiencing increased tenderness and a change in size, it is not normal, and deserves a keen look. It might be important to shave completely and get a complete clinical evaluation by your physician. Signs of local infections should be sought.

Increase in depressions might deserve a proper evaluation and follow up. It might be important to note any past history of skull trauma, surgery and presence of local lymph nodes. Any signs like headaches, fever, visual problems or fits. If they are absent, it is reassuring.

That not withstanding, I think you deserve a proper clinical evaluation from your family care physician to be sure and have a calm mind. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.