Having raised red bumps on back and side of ribcage. Looks like spider bites. How to get cured?

General Surgeon
I have two raised red bumps on my left back/side over my rib cage. they are about 1/2 inches apart. There are no other bumps like this on my body, just two. They look like a spider bite but seem too far apart to be that. There is a scab looking XXXXXXX in the middle of both bumps. There is a small red rash around them.
Posted Fri, 24 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Rajat Gupta 3 hours later

After seeing the image uploaded, it seems like you are probably suffering from furuncle i.e. Skin infection.

You should wash the area thoroughly with antiseptic soap twice a day at least. After washing get it dressed with Mupirocin ointment.

Also take oral antibiotic like Dicloxacillin. For this you will need to get a prescription from physician.

At present the lesion doesn't look to be drained, however if it doesn't respond or increase in size, do consult a surgeon near you.

Hope this helps. Do write back in case you have follow up queries to ask.

Dr. Rajat Gupta