Having raised bumps at the back of the tongue and feel itchy and dry. Noticed ulcer in side of the gum. Partner also have lumps. Cure?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, I have symptoms in my mouth that I have few raised red lumps at back of my tounge, also feels a bit itchy on the sides and my mouth is dryer then usual . And also have noticed a small ulser on the side of my gum. Also have noticed the lumps on my partners tounge as well . ?
Posted Fri, 28 Jun 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Itchy lumps on the tongue and other parts of oral cavity can be due to candida infection.
As you have mentioned, that similar lumps are present in your partner also, the possibility of an infection like candida becomes strong.
Please get yourself tested for fungal infection.
In addition please get the following tests done.
1. HIV
2. Blood sugar.
As oral candidiasis is a frequent finding in diabetes as well as HIV.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you

Follow-up: Having raised bumps at the back of the tongue and feel itchy and dry. Noticed ulcer in side of the gum. Partner also have lumps. Cure? 8 hours later
Can candida cause red large sores or ulser things on your vagina as well ?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 3 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
Yes definitely candida can cause red sores in vagina.
Vagina and oral cavity are the most important sites of candida infection.

Thank you