Having raised and swollen wrist bone. Not fractured. Painful. What should be done?

I went to the hospital Friday night because my wrist bone appears to be raised and is swollen after rough housing and I got injured. The doctor said my wrist isn't broken, fractured, or dislocated. I was told to wear a brace and put ice on it for 20 minutes every 6 hours. It's been almost 4 days since I injured it. I can get the swelling around the bone to go down with ice, but the part that is raised, which appears to be bone, will not go down. It's getting increasingly more painful and the swelling is getting worse. What to do?
Posted Mon, 19 Aug 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

If this injury is bothering you after 4 days you should have it checked out by an orthopedic surgeon. They might want to do a CT Scan of the wrist...or an MRI or bone scan. Very small fractures can be missed on plain films of the wrist etc.

I hope this has helped.