Having raised and spreading rashes on arms, back and chest. What could be this?

Jan 2013

What are these raised rash on my arms back and chest it seem to be spreading on my face causing discolration
Posted Sat, 18 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 2 hours later
1) Kindly answer the following detail:
a) Do you have fever/ chills/ itching in these lesion?
b) Is it confined to the described territory or involving lower part of body also?
2) I have seen the photograph and suggestive of some viral/ fungal (Pityriasis versicolor as hypopigmented patches are visible) etiology.
3) You should consult with skin specialist and go for KOH mount examination (test done for fungal skin disease diagnosis).
Let me know your query if you have.
Best regards,
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Follow-up: Having raised and spreading rashes on arms, back and chest. What could be this? 57 minutes later
Yes some time they itch nd my skin get flacky nd then it turn to a sores like patch
Answered by Dr. Mayank Bhargava 24 minutes later
Viral infection has some blisters with itch also.
Fungal infection never causes blister formation
You should consult with dermatologist.
Dr. Mayank