Having radio-frequency denervation done.Why am I still experiencing pain and tightness? With zantac should my stomach act up?

I'm about to have my SECOND radiofrequency denervation done. First was on LEFT side of my neck and this one is on the RIGHT side. I'm still experiencing a lot of pain, tightness right across my whole neck with pain down into my left clavicle. I'm praying that by getting the right side done it will take care of the problems. Am I right or should I reconsider? I have had numerous physiotherapy treatments, massage treatments, chiropractic treatments as well as nerve blocks and an epidural on my lower back. I'm so disillusioned right now and would consider ANY option you think might be viable. I also suffer a pretty bad depression resulting from the chronic pain. My meds at present are Lipitor 10 mg x1; Effexor 300 mg x1; Buspirone 10 mg x3; Clonazepam 0.05 mg x 2 (prn), straight codeine tabs. 30 mg only allowed to take 2-3 a day but these last few days I've been taking more b/c I can't much more of this. I also have Zantac should my stomach act up.

I wish I could upload my CT scans and MRI's but don't know how to do it. I don't have a printer/scanner...I'm on fixed income and struggling.
Posted Sat, 14 Jul 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

Since there is considerable overlapping of nerves around the shoulder , chest and upperlimb of both sides , I would expect such a presentation in any.

Pain is usually transmitted by the normal side (right) nerves from some areas of the opposite side.

Hence getting ablation on the right this time will provide a complete relief.

Do continue on the same medications and proceed for the planned procedure.

If possible do write here the impression / report of both the scans you have, this will enlighten me about the underlying cause. This way I can be more specific in my opinion.

Anticipating your response.