Having pulsating feeling under breast with slight burning sensation. Cause of concern?

Male, 23 years old, 165 lbs.

Hard to describe, but I have had a pulsating/tingly/strange feeling under my left breast. Basically like the crease under my left breast. I've felt it for about 6 months now but it has progressed over the past week or two.

I don't have any known medical conditions. No anxiety issues (that i know of). It does seem to get worse when I exercise, but I can feel it at rest too.

Not painful
Very slight burning sensation
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 21 minutes later
Thanks for your question.
This is good to know that you don't have any known medical problem or anxiety. Probably you are getting aware of your heart beat. This is called palpitation in medical terms & is a known & important symptom seen in in many medical conditions. I suggest you should have a ECG test to make sure that your heart beat is within normal limits, as an increase in heart rate due to any condition may lead to palpitation. Your physician will guide you about the need of further tests if your heart beat is abnormal ( God forbid).
Next important test I recommend you to have is a TSH ( thyroid test). An increase in thyroid hormone levels may also produce an increase in heart beat.
Third & most important thing is that you must see a physician & get yourself examined as there is no substitute to a good clinical examination. This will also provide your doctor an opportunity to reassure you if your general & cardio-vascular examination is normal.
Hope I have given you the desired response. Please write back if you need more help.
Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Having pulsating feeling under breast with slight burning sensation. Cause of concern? 21 hours later
I really don't think we're talking about heart palpitations. It's more like a spasm sensation. It's also more on the surface; if I massage the location, it will feel better and go away. It's pretty chronic and depends on how my body is positioned.

My pulse/blood pressure have remained the same. I don't think this is a heart issue.

Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 33 hours later
Thanks for your response.
If you are sure that this is not a pulsation then the next likely cause could be a muscular one, as you are reporting it to be associated with position & it gets better with message. In that case muscle relaxants are likely to help with this feeling.
I will again stress that prior to labeling it as a muscular pain it is better to have one ECG & show that spot to a physician where you feel that strange sensation.
Wish you good health.
Best regards.