Having psoriasis. Red area on scrotum and penis. No pain or discomfort. What could this be?

I have red balls with white spots, no itching has been similar for some time, the penis is starting to go a little red and also develop some not very noticeable white spots. I have psoriasis, don't think it is that, I suffer from sweaty skin around the back of the legs, bottom as I live in the tropics, also don't think related. I occasionally use Canisten cream for fungal infections in the groin top of legs area, no idea if related?

No pain, discomfort, don't think I have passed on to anyone else.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Posted Fri, 1 Nov 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. R.G. Joshi 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
fungal infections,oral antifungal drugs will help.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

Red area on scrotum and penis most probably suggest fungal infection.

Fungal infections occur due to sweating or friction with clothes.

Fungal infections can be due to yeast or dermatophytes.

Lesions are moist in case of candidiasis ,but tend to remain dry and scaly in dermatophytic infections.

Applying topical medications like canestein does not kill the fungus completely.

You will need to take oral antifungals like fluconazole or terbinafine.It will be better to consult a doctor for this.

Keep area dry and clean.Use loose cotton clothes.

A dusting antifungal powder like mycoderm will also help in preventing relapase.

Hope this will help you.In case of any concerns i will be happy to help you.