Having proper sleep. Why am I getting strange dream?

The question may actually sound trivial, but I can't help but ask this.

I am getting recurring dreams of a 'cat' running away from me and the recurrence is as high as 6-7 times over the last 30 days or so. This dream is something which I cannot even remotely relate myself to. Why does this happen? But having said that, this doesnt affect my sleep at all. I sleep well for nearly 8 hours a day!! But I am just curious to know the reason for this and any possible solutions to get rid of this.

Posted Fri, 1 Mar 2013 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 12 minutes later

There is a strong possibility of parasomnia- a type of sleep disorder.

This requires an overnight polysomnography to correctly diagnose and treat the problem.

Please visit a sleep medicine specialist who will help you.

Best wishes.