Having projectile vomiting, burning throat and diarrhoea. Suggest?

General Surgeon
symptoms:projectile vomiting, burning throat, diarrheasymptoms:projectile vomiting, burning throat, diarrhea,. 70 years old
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. M Y Shareef 20 minutes later

I am Dr Shareef, a general surgeon.

I would like to know if the patient has taken food from outside recently. If it is so, it could be a case food poisoning. The burning throat is due to the acidic vomitus from the stomach.

Clinically projectile vomiting could also be due to some kind of intestinal obstruction, or increased intra cranial pressure. Considering the age factor, it is important to exclude these sinister possibilities.

In all probabilities, i feel that you should take your patient to your family physician and get him treated with antiemetic drugs, fluid replacements to avoid long term complications like dehydration and electrolyte imbalance.

Hope this information suffices. Let me know if you need clarifications.

I wish your patient an early recovery.