Having problems with allergies. Having sinus infection. Took fluctinase. Having wheezing, sore throat and metallic taste in mouth. Cure?

I have had problems with my allergies for the past year. I recently had a sinus infection and I am now using fluctinase (not sure if I spelled that right). About 2 weeks ago my allergies got bad and I had difficulty breathing and I was weezing for about 2 days. About 4 days ago my allergies got really bad again, but this time wheezing developed right away as well as a pretty bad sore throat and a persistant deep cough, some congestion, and a metallic taste in my mouth. Is this still just allergies? What do I do to get rid of these symptoms?
Posted Fri, 16 Aug 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 2 hours later
Hi Dear
Welcome to the Board of health care magic

As you have described your symptoms. Really you are suffering with some allergic phenonmenon some time allergic rhinitis some times allergic bronchitis and finally you develop wheeze.

You need to investigated for CBC, Absolute Eosinophil Count, CXR, Allergen test, Pulmonary Function Tests.

Avoid exposure to all type of possible allergen like dust, smoke ,perfumes, many special smelly things you may have recognised as trigger agents.

Usually these episodes are common in some season like antumn and spring season. Try to avoid allergen. cold exposure in thses seasons.

Usuaslly these episodes are preceded with some viral or bacterial infection and they should be taken care immediatly. Many times these are the only aggravating factor .

Steroid in inhaler form, antiallergic drug and moteleukast for some longer peroid help in preventing episodes .

When ever there is acute episodes then one should be treated vigorously in terms of antibiotics if necessary, bronchdilators and other required midication according to the situation.

Please let me know if you need more clarification.

Follow-up: Having problems with allergies. Having sinus infection. Took fluctinase. Having wheezing, sore throat and metallic taste in mouth. Cure? 10 hours later
So it feels like it is lessening now (day 5). I am trying to avoid going to the doctor because I can't really afford it. At this point, do you think it is still really important to go in or do you think I cam give it a few days and that point if it is not gone, maybe go in? Also, when I do go in should I request all of those tests that you recommended?
Last question, there may be a possibility that there is mold in my current apartment. Is there a way to get tested to see if I have had mold exposure and to see if that has been the cause of these issues?
Answered by Dr. Irshad H Naqvi 11 hours later
Hi Dear

I would like to advice you to continue all the preventive medicines like inhalers some brochodilators and mast cell inhibitors like montileukast, to avoid the recurrences.

Some combined steroid with brochodilator inhalers should always be with you to cope up any emergency. It can be taken SOS and repeatedly.

Montileukast when taken for long period like 3 to 6 months it prevents the attacks up to some extent.

All allergen you suspect should be avoided as much as possible.

Mold is a fungus quite possible this could be the causative factor. Better to avoid.

Immunologist and ENT surgeons are frequently doing this allergen tests.

Please feel free to ask for more clarification.