Having problems concentrating and fail asleep. Should I be concerned?

I am having problems concentrating and fail asleep when my blood sugar is around 80-90 and numbers around this level.Also am very sleepy when up to 160 range. My A1c reading have been in the normal range. I have told my doctor this and he was not concerned. Thank you
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hypoglycemia may be the cause for sleep.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

Blood sugar below 70 mg/dl is called hypoglycemia. By definition you may not be suffering from hypoglycemia. But tight control of blood sugar in your age group is not that good for you and this may be causing you sleep and lack of concentration.

Consult your doctor and get dose adjustment of your diabetic drugs so that your fasting blood sugar is around 100 mg/dl.

Secondly elderly diabetics are prone for cerebrovascular accidents like brain infarct with may be present like this.
Ask your doctor for an MRI of the brain to rule out such conditions.

Hope the answer helps you.
Follow-up: Having problems concentrating and fail asleep. Should I be concerned? 18 minutes later
Thank you so much. I was on 2 meds, oral and Byetta and asked my doctor to take me off one. He took me off the oral said the Byetta is more stable. But I am still having the problem. I agree with you my blood sugar does not need to that low. I have thought this for a long time but he still insist I need to watch my A1C and recommends control diet and more exercise .
Again thank you.
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks you.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for your quick reply ans response.