Having problem of headache, muscle stretch on face. CT Scan showed small polyp retention cyst. Suggest?

sir im having a promblem of headache. Muscle strectch in face. I have taken CT scan and found that small pplyp /retention cyst is seen in right maxillary sinus.
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Surgery is the gold standard of treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

I am sorry to hear about this sir. For your reference I shall list a few most common symptoms of the condition that is suspected, so that you can relate to them:
-Facial pain
and a few others.

Either a polyp or cyst can get complicated by an infection or grow larger and put pressure on surrounding structures resulting in more symptoms, etc. For the same reason treatment includes:
-Medications: Antibiotics and pain management medication
-Surgery plus biopsy: Excision/removal and testing of the tissue sample

Unfortunately, the mainstay or golden standard treatment for such a condition is surgical removal sir; all other medications are used only to treat the symptoms and not the cause, so I would advice you to visit your doctor (preferably a surgeon) and get yourself adequately treated sir.

For any further clarifications, information or guidance, I am always available. You can write back to me anytime.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.