Having problem in retraction of foreskin during erection condition. Feels pain. Treated without surgical process?

Psychiatrist
Question
Sir, I m 28 yr old and have a problem that my foreskin cannot be fully retracted over the glans penis. I try manually many a time during bathing it retract when my penis in normal condition but in erection condition it hurts me and very pain full. whats ur suggestions for me can it will be treated without surgical process.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 32 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX

This condition that you are mentioning may Phimosis, but physical examination has to be done to confirm it.

Phimosis can be treated with a minor surgery called circumcision.

People who are very apprehensive of the surgery, in some cases, some doctors have tried the following method (in some it works):

They apply neomycin-H (containing neomycin and hydrocortisone) through penile orifice, then massage the glans with hand gently. This makes the area lubricated. Then the individual gradually and slowly try to retract once daily. This can better be discussed with a general surgeon or pediatric surgeon.

Considering your age and description, to my mind one can go for safely circumcision, a very easy and simple surgery

Hope this addresses your concern.

Follow-up: Having problem in retraction of foreskin during erection condition. Feels pain. Treated without surgical process? 1 hour later
Thank you sir

my follow up Questions

1. So by removing foreskin it may affect the deep penetration or not during intercourse.

2. is there will be any problem in penis erection after a long period because of my glans is open and softness will reduce

3 what is ur opinion about use of steroid cream it will help or not

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 2 hours later
Answers are as below, Mr XXXXXXX

1. The operation of circumcision wont affect deep penetration. It should be like normal

2. No problem with erection; because erection depends on blood flow to penile blood vessels, this has nothing to do with foreskin removal

3. People who are very very reluctant for operation, they try the ointment with mixed result. It would be a good idea to discus this issue with your doctor, clearly

Wish you good luck

Follow-up: Having problem in retraction of foreskin during erection condition. Feels pain. Treated without surgical process? 2 days later
Hi Sir i want to know about various techniques of circumcision i.e. Dorsal slit , Shang Ring Method, and prepex method by WHO that can be possible in india or nt

Answered by Dr. Susanta Padhy 13 hours later
The type of technique to be followed will be decided upon examination of the local area, and preference and competence of the surgeon. In India, it is quite possible, undoubtedly.

As I had already mentioned, this is one of the minor surgery for the surgeon with good results. Urologist are the expert in this area next to general surgeon

That being said, I am not the competent person to describe the technique details that you are interested to know. Rather you can discuss this with your surgeon

Hope this helps you

Wish you good luck!!