Ask a Urologist   »  

Having problem during urination. Noticed white colouration on penis. Any idea?

Infertility Specialist
I am facing problems while urinating. I am witnessing excessive pain and retention of urine during the process of urination. While urinating the foreskin of my penis balloons. The tip of my penis is excessively constricted. while urinating flow of urine is discontinuous and often it takes me much longer time to empty my bladder.

I think over the years the opening of my penis has become smaller and smaller. Also there is a formation of a white layer ring on the tip of my penis.

Please suggest a possible solution to the problem. Anticipating your quick reply.
Posted Tue, 7 May 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 hours later

It appears you have phimosis. It is excessive growth of foreskin. You might need circumcision as solution.

I advice you to please see a general surgeon or an urologist who can help you out with this easily after examination of your penis and confirming the condition.

Please get back to me if there are any doubts.

Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Having problem during urination. Noticed white colouration on penis. Any idea? 1 hour later

Thanks for your diagnosis.

What are the possible causes of phimosis.

Is there any precautionary measure that I should take for a time being to avoid furthur growth of foreskin. Is there any solution besides surgery for the problem.

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Hi, skin wont grow any further and you dont need to do anything to prevent further as there is unlikely chance of something happening. I advice you consult urologist or surgeon soon for remedy as surgery is only option if it is phimosis. It has to be seen and examined by doctors. Its a small procedure, hence don't worry about it. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol