Having pressure pain in head going to shoulder. Taking paracetamol, ibuprofen but no help. Told to be tension headache

HI,ive been having a pressure pain in the right side of my head and it goes to my shoullders ive been takinng paracetamol ibuprofen co co damol and the pain is still there sometimes it doesnt go away even at night time is hurting went to drs but he told me is a tension headache because im going through a separation etc but i never had this pain before and im suffering with pain also im trying ice pack in the back of my neck but it doesnt help either!!?im a busy mum an a childminder too so i need this pain to go fast!!any answers??Thanks XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 5 Oct 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Your doctors are right .

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that your doctors have diagnosed you rightly as having tension headache . It is important for you to know that tension and stress in life does lead to typical headache as you are mentioning .

Since you dont mention any symptoms of XXXXXXX , photophobia then it is less likely to be migraine . You can try tramadol for pain relief with due advise from your treating doctor . I would advise you to have adequate sleep as it is one of the main factors that lead to tension headaches. Try some yoga to relieve yourself.

Dr. Shruti