Having pressure at the back of head, numbness in hand and feeling dizzy. Brain tumor?

Question
hi im seeing a nerologist at the moment, an i have explained to him that i have this pressure at the back of my head and i told him its like a rock and i just want to pull it out and ill be fine, my memory is really bad, i have numbness in my hands, yet my vison is still quite good... ive only just starting to slur my words... i most of the time feel dizzy and spaced out, ive had 2 ct scans done of my brain and both came back neg im going for a MRI on sunday, what are the chances of it coming back normal? i dont have any vomiting or anything? i think i have a brain tumour??
Posted Wed, 20 Mar 2013 in Brain Tumor

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 8 minutes later

Thanks for the query,

The chance of a normal MRI in your case is very high, may upto 90%. I feel that your complaints are mostly related to tension headache. A normal CT head largely rules out cancer. The absence of vomiting also tells us that there is no much brain pressure. Please do not worry at all, and the chance of having a brain tumour in your case is very rare.

EVEN THOUGH BRAIN TUMOR CAN PRESENT WITH HEADACHE ALONE, A NORMAL SCAN IS RULES OUT TUMOR. If the MRI comes normal, this will be reassuring for you.

Please see a local neurologist after MRI or get back to me after the MRI report.

Hope this helps.

Please do let me know if there any other concerns.

Follow-up: Having pressure at the back of head, numbness in hand and feeling dizzy. Brain tumor? 3 hours later
Oh okay, do you know what else can be causing my symtomess?

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 7 hours later
Other potential causes of dizziness and heaviness of head could be related to heart-rhythm problem and low hemoglobin.

Best wishes

Follow-up: Having pressure at the back of head, numbness in hand and feeling dizzy. Brain tumor? 20 hours later
So whats that mean? Can that, be serious

Answered by Dr. Gopal Krishna Dash 27 minutes later
These are not serious problems and can be treated medically. Please do not worry.

Let me know if you have any other concerns.

Best wishes