Having premenstrual symptoms like bloating, lower abdominal pain, and raised temperature. Missed period. Suggest treatment?

Excellent
Question
Hi Doctor, I have attached my recent medical test report for your perusal, i last had my periods on 15th of July, I missed it in August, though i had general PMS symptoms like bloating, lower abdominal heaviness mild pain, and raised temperatures ( body). The symptoms appeared and faded away. I checked for pregnancy and it came out negative. Now i am curious, is it okay to miss period at times, did i not ovulate this month? What should I do to normalize my periods and ovulate monthly. i do not want to take medicines too much!

Will this reduce my chances of conception? I am working and married. I want to know how till what age is it safe to conceive without hassle? I am 29 years old now.
Posted Fri, 20 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You seem to be alright...

Detailed Answer:
XXXXXXX all your reports are normal except for haemorrhagic cyst in right ovary. Usually cyst resolve automatically; but sometimes it might need attention. You can follow up with your gynecologist and plan specific action about this cyst.

As far as missed period is concerned, yes, it is okay if you miss period at times; but it does not mean that you are not ovulating. You should not take stress; eat leafy vegetable; avoid strenuous exercise and avoid any unnecessary medication. If period hasn't resumed since July, you should consult your gynecologist and start medication to induce periods. The medicines are similar to irregular menstruation then chances of conception are less. If you have been trying to conceive with failure on multiple attempts, then you will need to seek help.

Hope I have answered your query If you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Having premenstrual symptoms like bloating, lower abdominal pain, and raised temperature. Missed period. Suggest treatment? 21 hours later
Hi Doctor,

Thanks for your reply. I consulted the doctor and has been advises to take Tab Modus 10mg OD x 7 days and then wait for 7 days for my periods.

On the 1st day of the period start taking Tab Femilion 10D x 21 days, 7 days off, 21 days for 2nd cycle.

My query is:
1. Will this resolve the cyst? Can I again ovulate normally and have regular periods?
2. I am 29 years old, how long can a pregnancy be safely deffered? as I am keen to have a baby but not right now!

Please advice.

Brief Answer:
Nice to see you again....

Detailed Answer:

Femilion is an oral contraceptive and help in resolving the cyst by decreasing follicle formation. In most of my patients cyst resolve with 2 cycles of oral contraceptive. Rarely the resolution time is prolonged up to 6 months. If the later happens, in normal situations I do not recommend further waiting, you should plan for surgical intervention.

In your case however as you are already late in planning pregnancy, I do not suggest you to wait for more than 2 months. If you were to be my treating doctor, I would only wait for 2 months to help the cyst resolve. If that doesn't happen (which I said is a rare occurrence), I would straight away plan to help you conceive. Helping you conceive will be my first priority rather than managing this cyst. Many of my patients have successfully delivered either naturally or by assisted pregnancy technique even with fibroid and cyst. Therefore you should not hold back for reasons of cyst.

Hope I have answered your query. If you are satisfied with my answer and you are not having further queries kindly close the query and rate my answer.

Good luck and Regards
Dr. Richa

Follow-up: Having premenstrual symptoms like bloating, lower abdominal pain, and raised temperature. Missed period. Suggest treatment? 45 minutes later
Thank you Dr. XXXXXXX for answering my query. I really appreciate it.

XXXX

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks

Detailed Answer:
It is my pleasure, always their to help you.
Thanks for your appreciation.
Dr. Richa