Having premature ejaculation, lose erection and getting cold sweat. Is this a psychological problem?

Hey, I have been having a few problems recently. I would suffer from pre-mature ejaculation and as a result I would pull out every early and then also more embarrassingly lose my erection. It feels like an anxiety attack and the more I think about it the worse it gets, I also break out in a cold sweat when it happens. With my last girlfriend this never happened, mainly due to the fact that when we had sex we usually had both been drinking and I felt more relaxed and no pressure. This makes me think its a psychological problem & pressure to have sex with my new girlfriend?? this has happened 4 times in a row now and is getting worse because all I think about when we are starting to have sex is, firstly don't come early and then secondly don't lose my erection. Unfortunately its one or the other. any advice please? p.s. I would regard myself as fit and healthy, non smoker but I do use nicorettte. Enjoy a drink but not to excess.
Posted Wed, 8 May 2013 in Premature Ejaculation
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I would like to appreciate for explaining your problem in such details.
After going through your description it appears that you are suffering from a condition called pre-mature ejaculation. This is more of a psychological problem where in you come early than you are expected leading to failure of erection as is happening in your case. You are right is thinking that pressure of sex or performance does increase this problem.
The solution:
1) Increase the time of foreplay as much as you can.
2) While masturbating just stop the stimulation as soon as you get the feeling of imminent ejaculation. And practice it many times.
3) Try to constrict the place from where you pass stools. This will lead to a contraction of muscles around the penis as well. This part also needs regualr exercise.
4) Practice relaxation exercises, meditation and yoga .
5) lastly if nothing improves, then there are certain drug like paroxetine and dapoxetine which increases the time of having sex and will surely help.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you can close the discussion and rate the answer accordingly.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.
Follow-up: Having premature ejaculation, lose erection and getting cold sweat. Is this a psychological problem? 11 hours later
Thanks for getting back quickly, will try these techniques. for point 3 "constrict from where I pass stools" do you mean as if I am trying to stop myself pee-ing?? if so how often should I practise this? or just the more the better with this technique?
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 4 hours later
Hello again,
Its exactly as you have understood. It will give you proper control. Do it at-least a 100 times in a day.It will strengthen your muscles.
Thanks and regards,
Dr. Srikanth M Reddy MD