Having premature ejaculation and penis size is small. How to improve this?

Question
I'm 20 and every time I have sex I ejaculate after 5 minutes, is there anyway to prolong this problem? Also I have a small penis is there anyway of making it bigger? It's very embarrassing how small it is, about 5 and a half inches only when hard. Please give me some advice
Posted Sun, 30 Jun 2013 in Men Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 hours later

I can understand your concern but the size of an erect penis usually over 2 inches is normal. The normal penis size is 5.1 to 5.9 inches. Your penis size is absolutely normal.

Regarding premature ejaculation ( ejaculation within 5 minutes), try distracting yourself when you feel you are about to ejaculate. Take a deep breath and stay relaxed. Other treatment methods which can be followed are stop-start or squeeze-pause technique. In stop start technique, near ejaculation, stop stroking and relax and think about something else. In squeeze- pause technique, squeeze the end or the tip of the penis for 10 to 20 seconds when you are close to ejaculation and then resume stimulation after withholding for half a minute. If the symptoms persist then SRRI (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors) may need to be prescribed for which you have to consult a urologist.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Follow-up: Having premature ejaculation and penis size is small. How to improve this? 4 hours later
I was wondering if you knew of any pill that would help this rather than the techniques? Thank you for the information

Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 2 days later

As I said earlier, you could take SSRIs like Dapoxetine under the guidance of your physician.

This is a prescription drug. It would be unethical and inappropriate to prescribe you scheduled drugs without doing a proper examination. Your doctor would know about this drug. Please discuss about the same.

Thank you!