Having pinkish discharge, lower back pain, mood swings and tiredness. Not pregnant. What else it could be?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - May 2013
May 2013
Question
I am having pinking discharge for 4th day. It's 1.5 weeks after my period. Also, experiencing some mild lower back pain when standing up for 20-30 mins. Have also been experiencing moof swings and tiredness. I am not pregnant.
Posted Thu, 20 Jun 2013 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 30 minutes later

The possible causes for your problem are:
-Mittelschmerz syndrome: as you had pain and spotting in the middle of the cycle.
It can be possibly due to mittelschmerz syndrome, which occurs during ovulation.
In this minimal pain abdomen can be seen due stretching of ovarian capsule etc. and spotting can be seen due to hormonal imbalance.
Sometimes hormonal imbalance can lead to mood swings also.
For more details: http://srsree.blogspot.in/2012/08/mittelschmerz.html

-One more possibility is pelvic infection. It usually presents with pain abdomen. If there is any associated feature like cervical erosion etc., it can present with spotting also.

So if the symptoms subside no need to worry. If they increase or repeat in subsequent cycles better to get examined once.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow-up: Having pinkish discharge, lower back pain, mood swings and tiredness. Not pregnant. What else it could be? 59 minutes later
Thank you Doctor! :) This has put my mind at ease as I was getting worried. I will see how I feel by tomorrow and of all okay will close the discussion. Thank you again!

XXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX

You are welcome. I will be available to answer your followup questions.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.