Having pink circle inside of cheek. Looks like ringworm. Should I rinse with peroxide? Any suggestion?

I currently have a quarter sized, slightly darker than pink circle on the inside of my right cheek. I've had this circle for approximately 3 days. The circle sits just above my bottom molars. There is no pain however, the cirlce is very smooth but the outside has a slight raised up circle around it. Almost like you would think ringworm would look. I have not been intimate with anyone, I don't think I've bit the inside of my cheek because there are no cuts but I'm curious what it is. Do you have any suggestions? Should I rinse with peroxide or something else for a few days to see if it goes away before seeing a doctor?
Posted Sat, 28 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Sometimes there is inadvertent bleed under the mucosa due to trivial local trauma and a bruise is formed, this condition I have seen most often in females of reproductive age group and particularly just before menses.
The bruise resolves completely in following 10-14 days without treatment.
Please do not rinse it with any thing because that would not help.

Another possibility is Eryrhroplakia a red patch that develops over a period of time but is a pre-cancerous condition.

I would suggest if the problem does not subside in 14 days then consult your physician in person and get it investigated to rule out a malignancy.

I hope this answers your query.
Follow-up: Having pink circle inside of cheek. Looks like ringworm. Should I rinse with peroxide? Any suggestion? 1 hour later
Ok. Thank you very much! I think it might be the menses symptom as I am due to start in a week. :-)
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 6 hours later
Welcome back,
This problem is mostly associated with menses; I know it by my clinical experience and it would invariably recur, not in every cycle but about once or twice a year!
But the condition is totally innocuous in that case and should not cause a concern to you because it hardly causes any pain or cosmetic trouble.
If happy with the consultation that's fine, if you have any doubts then welcome!
And yes, please spare some time to put a review about the quality of experience with us and recommend me to other needy people if any
That is welcome.
Wish you a good health.