Having pinching sensation from jaw to stomach. Having dizziness and heart rate is normal. Treatment?

Hi I have a pinching sensation from my jaw to my stomach. The main points are chin, centre of chest and left side of stomach. I have dizziness also. Heart rate normal. May have injured myself recently lifting my niece. Really worried about this. Was told by gp I may need an ekg
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing serious

Detailed Answer:

It does not seems like a major issues, the pinching is caused mostly by fibromyalgia, and some times stress may result in such symptoms. I want you to try and relax.

Now about the dizziness its seem like you are having low blood sugar due to stress, since you mentioned you blood pressure is normal. I want you to have some high sugar drink, like lemonade/ pepsi/ coke Just about 150 ml will be good for now.

I don't see any thing wrong with you currently.

Still things persist and you have any of the below mention symptoms consult near by physician.
1) shortness of breath.
2) sudden rise in blood pressure
3) excessive sweating.
4) extreme heaviness in chest and the pain radiating to neck/ left arm.

Thanks for the query, feel free to contact me incase of any concern.

Follow-up: Having pinching sensation from jaw to stomach. Having dizziness and heart rate is normal. Treatment? 9 hours later
I do have shortness of breath. My heart rate is normal but my blood pressure has always been low. It was checked by my gp and it was 110 over 70 which is what it usually is. When I get the pulsing sensation its followed by dizziness then it sometimes feels like I'm not getting enough air. I realize that the symptoms are giving me anxiety which could be making it feel worse. My main concern is the path the pulsing sensation is where the main artery is. I'm worried there could be something wrong in that area.
Answered by Dr. Jay Patel 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing seem wrong

Detailed Answer:

The pulsating sensation is normal bounce in blood vessels due to the heart pumping and waiting to refill.

The anxiety is major issue and I advice you to be calm as much as possible, you don't have any thing, too much stress pumps in stress hormone, which makes people feel such throbbing pulses (even though they are normal the sensitivity is increased, as stress is condition bit different than normal.)

Incase of having headache just take disprin, it will make go your headache in 10 minutes.

Thanks again.