Having pimples on penis after shaving genitals. Tested negative for STD. Any suggestion?

Question
I had 3 pimples show up on my penis in different locations, started when i started shaving my genitials. When the first one appeared i got a STD check which came back negative. Then the other 2 showed up next time i shave area. Been there about 6 months now. They dont hurt at all, the original one does once and awhile have white puss when i squeeze it, just like a pimple. Any ideas? suggestions?
Posted Tue, 4 Sep 2012 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,
Thanks for writing in.
The pimples are spreading in the contact surfaces and the are of infectious nature.
It could have helped further if you could send a foto in a follow up query
The first thing is when you shave- shave towards them and not away from them. The idea is to limit tyhe exposure of healthy skin.
You have ruled out STD but it can be a local infection.
I would advise a course of antibiotics like Augmentin625mt thrice a day for 5days and a local cream Fusidin/Fusidic acid to be applied locally twice a day for that much time.
Wear cotton under garments for few months.
I hope this would solve your problem.

Follow-up: Having pimples on penis after shaving genitals. Tested negative for STD. Any suggestion? 11 hours later
My wife is worried about giving me oral sex, can it spread to her from oral sex?

Hi XXXXXX,

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
A surprising medical secret is that human mouth contains more pathogenic bacteria than the rectum.
May be you yourself have acquired the infection by this practice if you had it earlier.
You can spread the infection to her.
And on other hand you yourself can get an add on infection through the raw surface to increase the troubles further.
So wait till you heal fully.

I think the advise would be helpful for you.

Wish you a great XXXXXXX